Thanks for your inquiry about Dewees Island. I’d be delighted to help you understand the way the island works~ I’ve been an enthusiastic member of this community since 2003 and this is our ninth school year as full time island residents. I am all about marketing and meeting my future neighbors. You’ll be working with my colleague Jennifer O’Brien as a buyer’s specialist. She’s been a frequent participant in island activities for several years, and she can help you find the perfect spot for you and your family on Dewees Island.
Dewees is a unique barrier island community just off the coast of Charleston. It is a place where you can immerse yourself in nature on a daily basis, living by the rhythm of the tides in a friendly, laid back community. Our website has a lot of information about the island, including what’s for sale, and you can download our Dewees Island app from the ios store or bookmark this page on your phone, tablet, or computer. To see all of the lots for sale, click here. For the most current home listings, click here.
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions:
- Can I look at an overview map of the island?
- What lots are currently for sale?
- What are the architectural and environmental guidelines?
- Where can I see complete covenants and restrictions?
- What is involved in building on Dewees?
- How do things and building materials get to Dewees?
- Are there emergency services on the island?
- How often does the ferry run?
- Can Lot owners really spend 10 nights in the suites for free?
- Do I have to build a big house?
- What houses are for sale?
- Who chooses Dewees and why?
- How do partnerships work?
- Can Owners have their own boats?
- Can Dewees owners get insurance?
- Are there articles about Dewees Island?
- How do I schedule a tour?
- Are there additional closing costs on Dewees?
Don’t hesitate to call or text me at 843-259-1713. If you can’t reach me, try Jen O’Brien at 610-283-0867.
We are working on a new system at dunes, where you can keep in touch online. Here are all the current listings on Dewees: If it asks you to register, use password welcome.